01 Jun Green Garlic Hummus
Green garlic has been in our shares for two weeks now and is a wonderful spring treat. It is an amazing addition to any dish but gives this hummus recipe a delicious garlic flavor. Enjoy with fresh cut vegetables or your favorite cracker or chip. It’s a quick and easy recipe for those days when you are on the go.
Green Garlic Hummus
1 roasted green garlic (see recipe below)
1 can chickpeas (15 oz), rinsed and drained (reserve liquid in case you need it)
3 Tbsp tahini
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1-2 Tbsp fresh parsley, roughly chopped and packed
1 ¼ tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
- Place roasted green garlic and chickpeas in food processor. Pulse a few times. Scrape down the sides and pulse again.
- Add remaining ingredients. Pulse until you get a smooth texture. If you want to thin out the hummus, just add a little bit of the chickpea liquid until you get the desired consistency.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh parsley leaves. Serve with fresh cut vegetables or your favorite cracker or chip.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Roasted Green Garlic
1 green garlic, stem and bulb
1-2 tsp olive oil
Sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Clean up green garlic and slice in half lengthwise.
- Place on baking sheet, brush on oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Recipe and photos by Stephanie Borzio. Stephanie is a mom of three active boys and is an autoimmune warrior. After battling her own health for several years, Stephanie found healing through food and lifestyle changes, including joining Blooming Glen Farm CSA of which she is a long time member. She is a Board Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach who is passionate about sharing healthy living tips and real food recipes. Instagram and Facebook: Tru You Essentials; Website: www.truyouessentials.com