12 Apr Spring Cookbook Swap
Bring a gently used cookbook to Blooming Glen Farm Saturday, April 27th at 3:00pm for Blooming Glen Farm’s second annual spring cookbook swap and food tasting adventure. The catch? You must bring a dish to share made from a recipe from the cookbook you are bringing to swap.
Your cookbooks reflect your changing tastes, so if you no longer indulge in butterlicious cupcakes (really?) or you have one two many vegetarian cookbooks, maybe someone from the community will have just what you’re looking for now. But for sure, one of your well-loved but no longer active cookbooks can find a new home, and you can be inspired by the recipes in someone else’s old favorite.
If you don’t have a used book on your shelf that you want to swap, check out the local thrift stores, or splurge on a new copy at the bookstore in town! You may even have a food memoir with recipes in it that you’d like to trade. You may bring a few extras as well, as there will be a surplus trade table. Please try to bring well-loved cookbooks- ones that you would be proud to pass on to a friend.
How will this swap work? To determine the order of cookbook selection, come prepared for some “family feud” style fun. Participants will be broken up into teams to answer fun farm facts and veggie trivia. Winners of each round will select a cookbook to take home, until all cookbooks are gone. (**You must bring a cookbook to leave with one- however, all family members are welcome to participate in the trivia fun.) Tasting will begin promptly at 3:30, trivia and swap begins at 4:00. (**Please arrive around 3:00 to be ready for tasting by 3:30.)
New this year: Children are asked to participate by bringing their three favorite recipes. Photocopy and bring 10 copies of each recipe. Children will assemble their own cookbooks and leave with new favorites.
- The cookbook you wish to swap.
- Children can bring 10 photocopies of each of their three favorite recipes.
- A delicious dish for the tasting, to tempt swappers to choose your cookbook. Remember to select a recipe from the cookbook you are swapping away. (Bonus: Tasters’ favorite dish will win a door prize!)
- A notecard to be displayed with your dish with the following information on it: your name, the name of your dish, the main ingredients, and the name of the cookbook you have brought with you to trade.
- A beverage and place settings for you and your family.
- An appetite for farm fun and trivia!!
Come on out and meet other food lovers in our farm community; taste new recipes and leave inspired and ready for the farm season ahead with a new favorite cookbook in hand! Please RSVP to the farm by April 22nd if you will be attending. Email: email@example.com