Now hiring for 2021 season
Mondays and Wednesdays we harvest for our CSA. You will be washing the crops as they come in from the field. Thursdays we pack the produce into crates for CSA pickup. This is a fast paced environment where attention to detail and strong eye for quality is required.
- Ensure that the produce coming in from the field to be washed meets BGF quality standards
- Wash and pack produce
- Enforce food safety and sanitation practices.
- Keep wash area and packing shed clean and organized.
- Hose out empty harvest bins.
- Knowledge of diverse vegetable varieties, quality standards and washing/packing techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Candidates must have a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 40+ lbs., be on feet all day, and have hands in cold water throughout day.
- Must be able to set and maintain a fast pace.
- Receptive to feedback on quality control.
Mondays & Wednesdays (washing) and Thursdays (packing shares) from May through November, 8am-1pm, potential longer days depending on harvest. Starting pay $14 hour.