Now hiring a Flower Assistant for 2022 season- part time- Thursday and Fridays from June thru September.
Thursday we harvest flowers for the weekend markets in the morning. The afternoon will be used for doing flower field: weeding, trellising, pruning, planting etc. Fridays morning we may harvest a few more blooms, and then spend the rest of the day as needed for making bouquets for the market. This is a part time position, approx. 18-20 hours per week.
- Planting, weeding, trellising
- Flower harvest
- Arranging bouquets for farmers markets
- 1 year experience on production farm
- Basic knowledge of flowers and flower harvest or strong interest in learning about flower farming
- Some experience in floral design/ arranging and making bouquets
- Must be able to lift heavy buckets of flowers, and be on feet all day, work in all weather.
- Knowledge of diverse flower varieties, harvest standards a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Candidates must have a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to set and maintain a fast pace.
- Receptive to feedback on quality control.
Thursdays and Fridays from June through September, starting at 7 or 8am depending on season, and going until approximately 5-6pm. Starting pay $15.54 hour.