Hiring for 2016- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from May thru November.
Mondays and Wednesdays we harvest for our wholesale account, Fridays for our three seasonal farmer’s markets . This position will require washing the crops as they come in from the field, and packing them in the appropriate boxes for wholesale or market. This is a fast paced environment where attention to detail and strong eye for quality is required. You will be following the pick and pack sheet.
- Ensure that the produce coming in from the field meets BGF quality standards
- Wash and pack for three farmers markets and wholesale, which requires learning different methods and standards for each.
- Enforce food safety and sanitation practices.
- Keep wash area and packing shed clean and organized.
- Knowledge of diverse vegetable varieties, quality standards and washing/packing techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Candidates must have a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to lift 40-50 lbs., be on feet and have hands in cold water throughout day.
- Must be able to set and maintain a fast pace.
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from May through November, starting at 8am and going until the harvest is all washed and packed, with an hour lunch break. Length of day will vary depending on season and size of harvest, but Fridays will typically end at 6/6:30 pm, Mondays and Wednesdays at 4-6 pm. Starting pay $9-10 hour, depending on experience.