Now Hiring for Saturday Easton Farmers Market manager of our farmstand for 2018
Must have valid drivers license with good driving record and a cell phone to be considered for position.
- Be familiar with the BGF farmer’s market training guide and implement for yourself and ensure compliance by market employees. (The market guide covers all aspects of managing the BGF market stand from set-up, selling and customer service, to break down, record keeping and unloading at farm)
- Comfortable driving a 14 foot box truck
- Arrive at farm morning of market and make sure everything is loaded onto box truck for your market and return to farm after market to unload and do record keeping.
- Represent BGF standards of quality, presentation and customer service.
- Knowledge of farm’s growing practices
- Maintain accurate market sales records
- Provide weekly feedback of market performance
- Detail oriented, strong work ethic and good attitude
- Strong leadership and communication skills- you will be responsible for any market employees working with you
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in farm or food industry required
- Customer service experience
- Experience driving a large box truck helpful
- Ability to think creatively and quickly respond to issues that arise
- Knowledge and experience with cooking and eating seasonal vegetables
Easton Farmers Market: Saturdays from May thru November. Arrive at farm at 6am, arrive at market at 7am, set-up by 9am, market 9-1pm, breakdown from 1-2pm, arrive back at farm approx. 3pm. Unload, record sales.
Starting pay $12.05/hour, plus vegetables from farm.