04 Nov Watermelon Radish Pico de Gallo
The watermelon radish is the star of this simple but stunning dish. Its flavor is mild and sweet and the beautiful colors of the chopped radish make this dish shine. Adjust the heat level to your liking. Enjoy this pico de gallo as a snack with chips, as a topping on tacos or fajitas, or simply as a garnish on a salad or scrambled eggs.
Radish Pico de Gallo
1 large watermelon radish
½ large onion or 1 full small onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1-3 Tbsp jalapeno pepper, finely diced
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp lime zest
½ tsp sea salt
- Finely chop watermelon radish and place in medium bowl.
- Finely dice onion and add to bowl with radish.
- Add garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, lime zest, and sea salt.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving if possible.
- Serve with chips, as a topping on tacos or fajitas, or on top of a salad or scrambled eggs.
- This will keep for one week in the refrigerator.
Recipe and photos by Stephanie Borzio. Stephanie is a mom of three active boys and is an autoimmune warrior. After battling her own health for several years, Stephanie found healing through food and lifestyle changes, including joining Blooming Glen Farm CSA of which she is a long time member. She is a Board Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach who is passionate about sharing healthy living tips and real food recipes. Instagram and Facebook: Tru You Essentials; Website: www.truyouessentials.com