We are looking for an individual with proficiency operating a mix of farm machinery with precision and safety. You will work with the management team to implement the farm’s production plans in the field, mainly field and bed preparation, mowing, cover cropping, as well as tasks like season end field clean-up- mulch and drip lifting, etc. Aside from field tractor work, you will round out time helping with harvests as needed, and assisting with the general process of the farm. In addition, you will be our farm handy and odd job person, as well as our driver for weekly deliveries and/or errands.
At Blooming Glen Farm you will operate 65-85 hp Kubota’s with Maschio Rototiller, Flail mower, Chisel Plow, Mold Board Plow, Disc Harrow, Bed Shaper, Mulch Layer, Mulch Lifter, Compost Spreader, Drop-Spreader, Swihart sprayer, Spedo Potato Digger, and other vegetable farm implements for field preparation and crop care using both three-point hitch and jiffy hitch systems. Operation of Farmall Cubs and Kubota L245H for seeding and cultivating also. Please detail previous machinery experience, including crops and methods, in your application.
You are a key member of the farm crew, and will be doing all sorts of farm related tasks. You work closely with the Head Farmers and Assistant Manager on repair projects, tractor maintenance and maintaining accurate field directives for record keeping purposes.
Background and Skills:
- Knowledge of vegetable growing systems and understanding of the field production process for organic crops will be helpful to understand detailed farm plans and practices.
- Experience using tractors and implements.
- Experience working with a team.
- Ability to jump in to help in other areas of an organic vegetable farm as needed.
- Mechanical and welding experience and completion of tractor safety training a plus.
- Proficiency and comfort with small hand tools
- Must have a clean driving record and be comfortable driving a 14 foot box truck.
Starting pay is based on experience, $10/hr min. Rolling applications – position open until filled.
This is a full time position March through end of November with seasonal fluctuations, M-F, 7-6:00pm. Part time winter work may be available Dec-Feb. Part time or flexible hours will be considered for the right candidate.