The Greenhouse Propagation Manager is the person most responsible for the care of plants from seeding to seedling to transplant stage. Your primary responsibility will be care and maintenance of all plants in the two propagation houses and the cold frame.
- Implements weekly seeding schedule
- Vacuum seeding, hand seeding, thinning, moving flats around to harden off
- Maintains organization of seed storage area
- Train any assisting crew members on seeding techniques and standards.
- Thorough record keeping
- Monitor germination/immersion; pests and diseases; heating, cooling and watering systems.
• Communicates observations immediately and effectively
- Maintain a clean and weed-free work environment.
- Detail oriented, keen observation skills, strong work ethic and good attitude
- Ability to self-motivate while working alone doing repetitive tasks.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience in greenhouse work a plus but not required
approx. 30 hours a week; Mon, Tues & Wed (days are flexible). Seasonal fluctuation. Please send applications. $10/hr. Position open until filled. Position ideally starts in early to mid-March 2016.