Part of Blooming Glen Farm’s mission is to not only grow great produce, but also to educate our customers about how to cook and utilize farm fresh produce. The person hired for this position will be on the forefront of food education for the farm’s customers.
The ideal candidate will have a sincere interest in local agriculture, food, vegetables, community education, and enjoy vegetarian and vegan cooking. The position involves developing recipes with seasonal produce for publication in our farm blog on the website (photograph and post on Word Press), organizing and conducting monthly cooking demonstrations at CSA pickups (4 afternoons total per month 1pm to 6pm, Tuesday and Thursday), preparing meals for the farm crew 1 weekday (Tuesday or Thursday, lunch starts 1pm).
- Experience cooking for large groups of 10 people or more.
- Familiarity with cooking seasonal produce.
- Ability to cook mainly with produce and minimal other ingredients on a budget.
- Customer service background.
- Must have or get a ServSafe Certification.
- Ability to work independently and communicate to leaders at the farm.
- Farming experience, special events service, proficiency with Word Press, teaching or workshop leadership experience, are all pluses.
Seasonal position. Crew meals start in May and go through October. CSA demos begin in June through October. Accepting applications on a rolling basis, position open until filled.